Tuesday, April 10, 2012

You's about to be broke up

Heaven's be! It's been a time since I last posted. And to catch you up on my life is one simple word: speech. Right now we are about 2/3 of the way back to campus and considering that we left San Marcos around midnight last night, and it's almost 5 now, we're making good time. Yeah AFA!

To summarize, AFA, the national tournament that we work toward for 8 months of the year ha just ended and it's like this land slide of emotions and pride all in a mascara streaked, sweaty well dressed mass of people. Once we made it through the practice days, and the sobfest of a senior dinner, we competed with heart, spirit, and some gumption and came out of awards placing 9th in the nation. Considering the unprecedented point spread for team sweeps (over 500 for first place) it's incredible that we managed this kid of success. With 9 breaking to out rounds (Kaitlin- Sems prose, Chloe- quarters info/duo with Brady, Sems in poi and drama, and finals or ads, me to poi quarters, Shelby to ca quarters, and Luke persuade quarters) we managed to hold our own against some very tough competition in a very different district. Chloe took some names by winning ads and placing 4th in individual sweeps. That exponentially helped us get to our highest placing yet at 9th. I could not be more proud of my team, the people that have helped us get this far: coaches, alumni, friends of the program, and other teams that push us to excel in this activity. I'm thrilled for all of the other district 4 teams, and all that they have accomplished.

I would like to profess how much I enjoyed meeting new people, talking to others, performing, and the over all atmosphere of this high energy, highly competitive tournament. Well done to all- you've earned some sleep.

On that note- I think I'm going to take a little nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment