It's be 45 years since I've written a blog post. I've also had it on my to do list (which is ever evolving and always very long) for that amount of time. It's even written on antique paper.
Let me catch you up in the short version. ie, incomplete sentences fashioned as bullet points.
- Forensics season 2012-2013 ended with a bang. GAC=8th in the country AFA style, 15 quarter finalists, 4 semi finalists, and Shelby as our first persuasion finalist. Boom shakalaka.
- Junior year is over. I said what?
- I have been home for 2 days, came back took a final, and moved into the new apartment a la College View for summer at GAC
- Class of 2013 graduated. I was at baccalaureate and cried more than most of the doting mothers there. It's embarrassing to be me.
- Coached 1 speech camp. Gonna have 3 more.
- Had a s'more. Wanted s'more.
- Working at Summer Academic Programs again, this reprise with Karin.
- Living with Karin.
Ok great! You now have the chapter titles to my auto biography.
Now for the interesting things... sort of....
We are going to be supreme chefs this summer. How? you ask? Easy. I'm a boss.
Let me chronicle these cooking adventures thus far.
Prior to Perham camp/graduation, I made bruschetta and pasta for those friends sick of the caf. We're talking the kind with garlic and olives and the other kind with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. Was it good? It was so good I might make it again.
Pasta? Red sauce, red wine, other things I found, and mushrooms. You want more details? I am a cook that mixes and matches, somethings can't be taught my son.
Two nights ago: Grilled cheese with gouda, avocados, spinach, and feta. Karin thought it was so good she almost fell over. Damn it feels good to be a chef-ster. Sort of. Ok, I'm not that cool. I tried?
Last night: Pasta with white sauce, asparagus, spinach, and pepper. Quite good, but took a 2 in the round compared to the grilled cheese extraordinare vibe I have. I also made some exquisite coffee cake muffins. So that's ideal.
Karin may be a little paranoid about the air-germs, but over all I think it's a good set up. We're making it work for the best I believe.
Tonight's menu is far more elaborate than ever before. Why? Because we never have Saturdays to ourselves and don't understand what else to do... so we're going to cook. Updates to follow.
First step: Buy a blender.