Friday, August 26, 2011

Let the Games Begin

So here's to nothing. Considering that it is past midnight, and officially Saturday, there are 2 days until Kate and I will be en route to Rome where there are adventures waiting on the cobblestones. Thus, up goes the blog, and down goes my patience level. Whoopsiedoodles.  This blog has been created for those of you I couldn't pack in my suitcase.  To name a few and test this shout out theory: Bethany, Chloe, Cadi, my mother (who may very well pack herself when I'm not looking), and Hannah. Love to you all.

The status on packing is as described: There are an assortment of skirts, dresses, cardigans, and shirts hanging from the doors of my closet, the delightfully fluffy green pillows usually found on my bed have been relegated to my desk chair, and the floor and my bed are in equal amounts of piles and disarray. Yay for having to clean before sleeping!

But even with all of this "organized chaos" the reality of the entire moving-to-Italy-for-four-months thing is starting to sink in. I have no doubts that this is going to be the adventure of a lifetime. I have the pleasure of going with my co-conspirator: Kate.  And I'm sure that all of the people that I meet in Rome will be oodles of fun.  This time last year, I was packing my father's truck full of wonderful things to bring to the adventure of college.  This year, I'm packing one suitcase, one backpack, and one purse for another adventure around a different kind of St. Peter.

4 comments:

  1. If there is an unexpected bag waiting for you at the airport, don't panic...it's just me neatly folded for your convenience. Take me with. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I wasn't listed does that mean I will fit in your suit case? Because I can get myself shipped over night to you! Also I really like what you have done with this blog of your's! I can wait to creepishly read about your life for the next 4 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what I meant to say is I can't wait! also I expect to see an excessive number of photos!

    ReplyDelete