Monday, July 16, 2012

Am I a Poet?

rainbow
lemon
floss

These are the three words given to me by my lovely roommate, Mariecus in order to make this blog, apparently, fantastical. What should I do with them? That's an excellent question.

The good news is that we could do a little grammar lesson. Talk about the purpose of nouns and verbs, direct objects, and transitive verbs. But I'm afraid that with any amount of that, I would end up losing a lot of readership and the few friends I have collected over the last 20 years of my life. So I won't go there. (Though if you would like me to give you a itty-bitty English lesson, I'm all kinds of chalkboard.)

But instead, I will take a different tangent and talk a bit about poetry and the reflexivity of words-especially in music. So put an ear to this tune and see what you think of this. For reference sake, this is Kurt Elling (shameless plug: he's a Gustie with a Grammy-what up world?) and this song never fails to make me smile.

And I feel that Mariecus's list of words inspires the same kind of poetic interlude. 

Lemon rainbow floss,
Floss the lemon rainbow. 
Floss the lemon, rainbow-
Rainbows floss lemons.
Floss rainbow lemons. 
Floss! Rainbow lemon. 

And that is my post dedicated to Mariecus's random days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment