Monday, September 12, 2011

In reference to at least one 'Monday' song

Today was a day like any other day. Full of adventure, class, fun things, and sweat.  At least most of those things go together. That's pretty good day all things considered. I managed to make it to all of my classes, worked DigiPhot (a potential new abbreviation for Digital Photography, undecided. Anyone who comes up with something catchier-and/or classy names for all of my classes-gets a gold star) like a diva, solved the Greek Art and Archaeology crisis (it had nothing to do with actual art, so that's not a problem), and sounded reasonably intelligent in Philosophy class (can I just call this one Moua?).  So as far as Monday's go, this is one I would keep.

Looking at my super sweet phone that only texts in 'abc' (NO t9?!?!?!?!?!  WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY!?!?!?!) I found a message from my dear Erica talking about picking up some kind of plain biscuit cookie on my way home. The second part of the message was much more interesting-she mentioned making cheesecake. I'm in. Totally in. Done. So I wandered in the direction of the store, taking a new route and stopping in a church that I pass almost every day (so pretty!) and by the time I get to the store, I walk in and who do I find? Erica and Kate. Beating me to the punch.  At that point (since they had already picked up the cookie things, I grabbed some juice, mushrooms, and rosemary, and the collectable "i puffi" cup full of Nutella (we're going to see it in Italian, look it up) then we headed home.

This is where the actual fun beings. We made (we'll make it again, but if you want a slice you're going to have to fight me for it) chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Now wipe the drool off your computer, and continue reading. It has yet to set completely, but when it does, I assure you that there will be pictures in plenty. I'm so excited.

That was followed by the less amusing adventure of making dinner (9:30pm? ok) and eating it whilest skyping with the stunning Sonja in the team room (also got to see Moua-sigh). That conversation had a little coda of talking to Danielle and Josie back home too.  Things you should take away from this paragraph: I love my GAC peeps. They make me happy.

Paging Batcave. Paging Batcave. Code on line 42.
BS ----> BA^S+RB=face(t).

So I'm going to finish my Italian Cinema reading, go to bed, and dream of delicious cheesecake.
It's just another manic Monday.  In Rome.

1 comment: