Sunday, September 4, 2011

Platform 9 and 3/4

This is going to be a short one. And an actual short one because there wasn't much actually going on.

As the last free day in Rome, we decided to take full advantage of this opportunity by sleeping in.  I then edit some speeches from the team back home, and whipped up some lunch.  The next thing on the list to do was to find this mysterious "Lgo. Fio 4" building where my morning class was going to be held. Not a big deal, there are ample amounts of resources to find that, and get it done.

Ah, but good old JCU never fails to disappoint me. They are so delightfully well informed. Molly and I walked to the Tiber campus to ask someone who had at least lived in Rome for longer than a week, and had maybe attended JCU for a bit. The conversation went as follows.
Kelsey: "Excuse me, but I was wondering if you could help me find the building my class is in tomorrow."
Woman 1: "Are you here for the walking tour?"
Student-Male: "What campus?"
Kelsey: "I honestly have no idea.  My schedule says Lgo. Fio 4"
Student-Male: "I've never been over there. [to Student-Female] Have you?"
Student-Female: "Yeah."
Woman: "Are you here for the walking tour?"
Student-Female: "Do you want me to show it to you?"
Kelsey: "Yes, that'd be great!"
SF: [circles stuff on map.  Says something about buses]
Kelsey: "Fantastic!"
[Exit Molly and Kelsey]

Wander wander wander.  Find the street. Looking, looking, looking..............dead pigeon......

Nothing.

Seriously, nothing. We spent close to 30 minutes walking around this area looking for something that could feasibly be a classroom. Nothing. Nada, zip, zilch.  From the frustrated sighs, and complaints, we decided to walk back in the general direction of the Guarini campus before heading to mass. The student at that desk hadn't actually been to that campus either, but she had another very crafty grey-scale map to help the problem. Too bad it wasn't legible, nor did it have an obvious location as to the purpose of the map. Once again, JCU, 'Over there' is not an appropriate response to asking for directions.

So the plan (since I still do not know where this classroom is) tomorrow is to wake up early, attempt to ask some more people for directions, go to the blurry location on the map, and either a) launch myself at a seemingly solid looking wall and hope that I'm actually attending Hogwarts, or b) wait. If no one else looks as lost as I am, I guess I'll read a book, or take some pictures. Well done digital photography class. Well done JCU.

No comments:

Post a Comment