Thursday, May 10, 2012

Snot No More!

Let's have a discussion about Netti Pots. Yes, I'm going to go there, and guess what, you don't have to! Too bad, it's going to be a slick ride.

I think they're magical. The pure freedom after sloshing the contents of your sinuses into a sink using a cleverly engineered low pressure straw system.  Stunning really. And let me tell you, even though I'm still battling this allergy thing, there are those priceless moments of being able to breathe without your own breath rattling in your ears. Hearing what's actually around you instead of the muffled shouts of your mind. No big deal. I just thrill at those few minutes.

And I have heard of the deadly zombie parasite/alien thing that can eat your brain if you don't use your Netti Pot correctly, but I promise to use only suitable water sources that have been purified and not pull any water from the Minnesota River.

And to the athletes who are grossed out by the snot being squirted from my nose, too bad. Sorry not snotty. (see what I did there? That was clever.)

On a totally different note, we had our choir banquet this evening and it was precious. With everyone chatting and watching the slideshow and handing out funny awards. Keep it up cool people.

And lastly, do not underestimate the power of the crossword. They are addictive and they are currently keeping me very amused. For serious. Just the most interesting, and by that I mean frustrating. But still, I'm intrigued, and that counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment