Friday, June 1, 2012

Shout Outs and Drownings

Hey Sonja, I've got a surprise for you.  And no, I'm not going to tell you what it is here, but it's good, Mariecus approves. (I also know you are giving me that look right now-Mariecus did a spot on impression, so don't deny it).

Past that, another shout out to those of you reading this in Russia. I still think this is awesome. There are people in ten different countries that have read this blog, and to those people I say-you rock.

Moving on. I did something dumb today. And I mean besides the time I spent with a table, of what was determined to have 6 college degrees sitting around it, figuring out a Happy Meal Toy. That's a true story. I mean I didn't actually get the keys to my new dorm. I know, what a konk head (props Nick Herink). But it's ok! Mom, don't panic, Mariecus is the greatest. I might go check the SAO desk in the morning, but I'm not too worried.  I'll stick with my buddy (see? the buddy system works in college too! And not just kindergarten visits to the art museum)(yeah, no one wanted to be my buddy then). The other thing you can assume by me not finding the time to get my keys is that I was working so extra diligently hard all day that it didn't even occur to me to do anything other than the task in front of me. That's good right? And besides, the day just flew. Getting back to a familiar place, talking to the familiar people, learning some new ropes, and cutting some others. There was laughter, food, fun, friends, and focus. Lots and lots of focus. And shit got done. Who is going to argue with that?

And I think I'm going to call that a wrap. All moved in, killed the spider that I found in my water bottle (not my friend anymore), got keys to other buildings just not the one I live in, and had some fun. What a winning day.

No comments:

Post a Comment