Friday, October 28, 2011

One ring to rule them all

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
--Galadriel, The Fellowship of the Ring


That's actually from the LOTR if you know.... Lord of the Rings for those of you who didn't follow that. 


So we had a little roomie bonding night by watching the rest of the Fellowship.  I say rest of because we watched the first half last night.  But leave no movie begun unfinished (at least fast forward through it if it's really that bad--right mom?) and we wrapped it all up tonight. 


This was Kate's first time watching any LOTR movies, so it was quite the adventure. Hannah will know what I'm talking about when various characters meet tragic ends, and there's so much panic and question coming from the Kate side of the room. But we all survived, with relatively few tears shed. So that's good. We might rent the next two just to make it a complete set. 


Speaking of complete set, I really want to re-read these books now.... They are just so wonderful, that I think they deserve to be read again. Maybe that'll be my summer project. Hmmmm, ponder ponder ponder.  I think JRR Tolkien is pretty awesome. Well done sir. And props to you too, Peter Jackson. (Although where the first movie ended compared to where the first book ended still makes me mad.)


And I thought this quotation strangely fitting to my blog name. So cheers to that! LOTR (including the Hobbit) has everything- short people and giants!


So that pretty much sums up the most exciting part of my day. I promise that tomorrow will be more exciting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment