Friday, October 28, 2011

What they should have allowed me to write in answer to the random question

Ok, for those of you who are not familiar with the "Random Question" on Blogger profiles, they are really obscure and don't have a very direct point. When I finally found one that seemed answerable (ie, not rhetorical) I typed it all out, only to find out approximately 15 seconds later that you only get 400 characters to answer the question.  Hey Blogger, next time you want to restrict my creativity, make your questions multiple choice. 



So I posted that well crafted answer here. Enjoy.



Question: 


You're trapped in a well with a goat and a slinky. Describe how you will escape.



Answer:


First of all, this is a baaaaaad idea. (You loved it, don't lie)
The first step is obviously call for Lassie. She always helps in these situations. And while she was waiting for farmer Joe to arrive at the scene, she barked for me to throw the slinky up to her (which she promptly caught in her mouth) and I coaxed the small, adorable goat to be still while I wound the slinky around its legs. With the help of farmer Joe, Lassie pulled up the poor frightened goat, and then threw the slinky back down to me. By this point, the slinky was very stretched out. But thanks to my incredible ingenuity and dexterity (read: Girl Scout training), I climbed up the side of the well, rock-climbing style.  Granted, the Girl Scouts would be disappointed that I didn't have a belay, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and I needed to get to dinner on time. So I used my last ounce (gram sounds funny, even if I am in Europe) of strength to throw my body far enough out of the well for Lassie to drag me to safety. Realizing that I was exhausted, she brought over a pail of clean water (not from the well, don't get excited) and helped me to my feet. Then the nice farmer Joe told me to hop in his '55 Ford and he drove me home, where I was just in time for dinner.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment